Library automation system
“A library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas, a place where history comes to life.”
The library has a greater contribution and impact on civilization and humanity. Denying library means to and leads to denying humanity and modern world existence. However, the conception of library management is not run in an old way rather it is now more modernized and dynamic.
A library automation system is a total solution designed for a library and to ease the procedure of book entry-exit, book searching, registration of the new books, registration of the new user(s), centrally monitoring all the institutions and many more. It also ensures transparency and reduces theft and other unfair practices.
Why a library automation system?
It saves time
- Finding the desired book from the shelf is often difficult and time-consuming.
- Library automation helps you find your desired book within a moment.
- It saves time in issuing books and returning books.
- It also saves time by informing which book is available and which is not.
Searching challenging task
- Sometimes it is very difficult to find a book, especially when very few copies are available. No tension. The digital library is here to find it easily.
- Some borrowers may have the bad intention of not returning the book. A digital library can eliminate the chance as everything is recorded. It saves the library from financial loss.
- Shelf management.
Maintenance boring work
- A librarian often does repetitive and boring work like new book issues, book return, book registration, keeping records and other paperwork.
- The digital library is here to help you. Here this sort of work is done by the issuer himself.
Calculating penalty for late coming and not returning
- A person may make late in returning borrowed books.
- Previously you needed to find the person(s) manually and it was tough to calculate the financial penalty. Again digital library is the solution.
Generating a report is easy
- Report generation is very crucial for a library. It can be daily, monthly, yearly, etc. Manually it is difficult to make. The good news is Digital library can make the report easily.
Maintaining register is easy
- As a librarian, it is a very basic part to register for a new user. There may have a hurry when there are more new issuers at a time.
- The digital library eliminates the burden.
Other basic benefits
- More accuracy
- Speed improvement
- Data consistency
- More error handling
- Librarians can perform new registration within a minute.
- Librarians can check a book available for the reader by a single click.
- Librarians can check out or issue books for a reader by a single scan.
- Librarians can check-in or return books from a reader by a single scan.
- A reader can check book availability by their own selves
- A reader can check out/issue books
- A reader can check-in/return books
- Unissued books can easily be captured with the reader with the help of this device.
- Alarm and light will notify any occurrence.
- Librarians can manage books and books shelves very easily.
- A librarian can find books and their position in selves.
- Easy and thin book tags can track the book every easily.