Electronic Voting Machine (EVM)
Client: Election Commission of Bangladesh.
Electronic Voting Machine is the most glorious recognition we have so far achieved. We developed this voting machine in joint venture with IICT, BUET. It is one of the leading products of Pi Labs Bangladesh Ltd. It has shown a new path of technology in home and abroad. It is a machine by which people can give their votes easily. In this system vote casting, counting and result publishing made far more convenient than the usual system.
- Vote Casting is very easy.
- Each EVM can accommodate up to 80 candidates & 65000 voters.
- Vote counting & result publishing is almost instantaneous & 100% accurate.
- 0% chance of loosing data, highly stable memory with 4 backups which can store data up to 100 years.
- Vote records are completely safe & confidential.
- Inspite of damaging of the device vote record can be retrieved.
- Battery operated, no need of electricity.
- Applicable for both national & panel election.
- Reusable & cost effective.
Mahmudul Hasan Sohag, Chairman of Pi Labs Bangladesh Ltd, together with Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), invented the device.While studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the country’s best engineering university, he along with his two classmates, Masum Habib and Rajib Mikail, met Dr Lutful Kabir, Director of Institute of Information and Communication Technology (IICT), and they decided that they would develop a voting machine. The IICT gave them a lab with all the required facilities. The trust of Dr Kabir was not in vain as the project was ready in three months and they were still studying in their third year.