Client: Central Procurement Technical Unit (CPTU), Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCCP), LafargeHolcim Bangladesh Ltd, Daily Shopping (PRAN-RFL Group)
The Central Procurement Technical Unit (CPTU) is implementing the Public Procurement Reform Project-II under the Implementation Monitoring and Evaluation Division (IMED), Ministry of Planning. Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCPP) is implementing Social Awareness and Communication on public procurement for the project as consulting firm of CPTU. Under this program, BCCP has developed and erected two digital billboards with updated information regarding the progress of electronic government procurement or e-GP. One of them is located near the National Press Club under Dhaka South City Corporation and the other one is located near the Farmgate Over Bridge under Dhaka North City Corporation. These are developed by Pi Labs Bangladesh Ltd.
Updated total number of tenders under e-GP system and their total estimated value is being displayed on the Billboards through live data system. In addition, messages on role of e-GP and benefits of enhancing transparency, accountability, efficiency in government procurement has also been included in the billboards.
There were some big challenges in this project. These were showing Bengali in dot-matrix display, updating data over internet to keep it live and maintaining security that can prevent unauthorized access. Our research engineers brought solution for all the requirements by CPTU through BCCP within a short period of time. And finally Pi Labs successfully installed digital live display and made project hand over to CTU through BCCP.
Mr. A.H.M Mustafa Kamal, FCA, MP, Honorable Minister, Ministry of Planning inaugurated the billboard placed in National Press Club area on April 27, 2016. Mr. Faruque Hossain, Director General (Additional Secretary) of CPTU and other senior officials were also present at the inaugural ceremony.
- Displays Live data and one display will be static. 6 displays in total.
- Display data is shown in Bangla with associated Unit.
- Live data is requested from a third party web server.
- Display data can be changed in some time intervals, such as ten times a day or more.
- Retrieval of Data from CPTU database to Digital Billboard directly.
- A Web service is required and deployed by CPTU.
- Single color (RED) dot matrix display module with 20 letters of Bangla numeric value with associate unit.
- Dot matrix displays are water proof (Rating 5V-40A).
- The displays are Capable of operating in a very rough environment.
- Well-designed web page designed by us.
- 32 bit high processing multi-core ARM processor.
- GSM/GPRS based network technology.
- CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) for ensuring data integrity and eliminating data corruption.
- Digital Billboard number conversion algorithm for making bill board extension decision easier.
- Robust and dynamic update of Data.